What glass do you have on your 300 BLK?

kg4kpg

I've made the jump to 300 and can't wait to get to the range to let a few loose. Iron sights get me to the range but I want to see what scopes are good. I've been looking at a couple fixed power in the 3x and 4x range, Nikon has a dedicated 300 scope in their P-300, Several 1-4x options. Budget will be under $500. Furlough is still happening as far as I know, but I'll make a little fun money while I'm in Missouri. I'm not in a hurry, just fishing and curious what you guys are running.

LiveFreeorDie

Tough question and one I wrestled with for six months. Worse even, after I made my selection no less than three dedicated 300BLK BDC reticled scopes hit the market. But, since you asked, I selected the Leupold VX-R 1.25-4X scope. Their Zombie scope is the same exact scope as the VX-R Patrol Firedot scope but with a much nicer green illuminated firedot SPR reticle and magnetic lens caps (a $100 value at no charge). The VX-R might be slightly out of your stated price ceiling but worth a look. I would not and will not pay Leupold's price for their FFP 300BLK scope! The Nikon should be a nice option.

Your bigger problem is going to be finding ammo. There isn't any!

kg4kpg

Dedicated 300Blk reticle. I haven't found any others yet but the other option is mil dot.
Leupold MR/T 1.5-5x20 $1,300.00 + mount
ACOG 3x30 $1,300.00 w/ mount
Browe 4x32 $1,400.00 w/ mount
Nikon 2-7x32 $179.99 + mount

The Leupold VX-R Pig Plex looks sharp and would probably work fine as well.

I'm sitting on 120 rounds now and I've found a couple places that have brass for a reasonable price. I knew it going in that ammo would be tough, but I'll grab what I can when I can.

Clicker

I'm running a Vortex 1x4 PST on mine. It sits in a Bobro/SWFA mount so it would be simple to slap it on your upper say at ShootzenFest!

Tigerstripe

yeah, you guys with the 300 blackout need to get some extra bullets cause those uppers fit just mine on a full auto.

ask Paco.

Gr8shot

On mine I have an Op Mod Armasight 3x gen 1+ night vision scope. Use it for hog hunting. For other uses, I have a Nikon 3-9x40 with BDC reticle on Rock River Arms one piece mount. Can swap the out without re zeroing.

armaborealis

On my imaginary, dream rifle suppressed 300 BLK SBR I'm planning on running an Aimpoint Micro. I can't think of anything better for a rifle optimized for CQB/home defense.

Now just to take the plunge on putting in for the tax stamp...

kg4kpg

I just can't decide, and unfortunately I don't have a thousand dollar budget for the ones I do like. I like the Nikon P-300 and can afford it easily, I just didn't want a foot-long tube on top of the rifle. I've emailed some of the manufacturers and so far no one plans a compact fixed power optic for the 300. Browe has a sweet 4x but it still runs $1200. I need a winning scratch-off. :mrgreen: