What did you buy yourself today (Photo Thread)...

I figured I'd start a thread for all of us that tend to buy firearms or firearm related items often and instead of posting individual threads we could have a easy way to show off what you bought yourself today (Post must include a photo). This is easily one of the top 10 most popular threads on a PA firearms forum that I am a member of. Hopefully we can get something started here!

Please add your recent buys photo's...

I'll start. Bought a set of Heinie Straight Eight SlantPro Night Sights for my Glock 19. Once I can locate some Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P, I hope to put it into my CCW rotation.

May 6, 2012
Lexington, SC

Sig Sauer .22 1911 in FDE. I "needed" a .22 suppressor host because the only .22 pistol I had with a threaded barrel was my wife's P22 and it had a ridiculous amount of blowback due to the design, wasn't that quiet, and the grip was super tiny in my hand. I'd been looking for a GSG 1911, but found the Sig for only a few bucks more than the GSG...even though it's the same thing except for the brand engraved on the slide.

Now I need to pick up a couple extra $35 apiece magazines :shock:

Edit, for the admirers:
Another angle. It's a really sweet shooting pistol; the aluminum keeps the weight down and the suppressor honestly balances it out. Couple extra little steps involved with disassembly versus a regular 1911 but still pretty easy. Considering the Sig branded pistol, duracoated FDE to boot, was only 10 bucks more than it's GSG counterpart, it was a hell of a deal.

rotarymike

Sep 15, 2011
North Charleston
No photos yet but two gunsmith special Type 53 Chinese Mosin carbines and a gunsmith special Rossi .38 SPL revolver.

Under $200 including shipping and transfer for all three. The Mosins need work; the revolver after a week disassembled in mineral spirits is actually looking pretty good.

Aug 17, 2013
York, Pennsylvania
11B3XCIB said:

Sig Sauer .22 1911 in FDE. I "needed" a .22 suppressor host because the only .22 pistol I had with a threaded barrel was my wife's P22 and it had a ridiculous amount of blowback due to the design, wasn't that quiet, and the grip was super tiny in my hand. I'd been looking for a GSG 1911, but found the Sig for only a few bucks more than the GSG...even though it's the same thing except for the brand engraved on the slide.

Now I need to pick up a couple extra $35 apiece magazines :shock:
Wow....probably one of the sexiest looking pistols I've seen in a while.

Just bought a G2 trigger group for my AK, another set of Heinie sights, Magpul cheek rest and another MidwayUSA range bag. Will load photos once I get them!

Mar 24, 2010
Picked up a new Mossberg 715 at the Greenville gun show this weekend for $249. Lowest price I have seen on these. Mounted a scope and shot about 100 rnds through it. No malfunctions and surprisingly accurate for this type of gun. Wife likes it too. Fun gun to shoot.

Got home from work last night and had these goodies waiting for me from MidwayUSA. I put a pair of Heinies on my G19 two weeks ago and I liked them so much that I bought another set for my G27.I love Midway USA's range bags, so I bought another one of those and a Magpul cheek riser. I was getting bored with my AK, so I decided to upgrade the trigger. Very nice I might add as well. Some other goodies that I cant show yet... :D

beerman

Apr 9, 2012
Florence, SC
bigfutz said:
Beerman, anxious to hear a range report on the Konus Pro. Seen them online, good reviews.
It's supposed to be in tomorrow, so I'll put it on the rifle and shoot it if I have time Saturday. If not, then I'll probably take it out Sunday to sight it in and shoot some hogs.

Apr 13, 2012
Goose Creek, S.C.
Today I bought myself the last 3 boxes needed to fill my fat .50 can of 7.62x39

80 boxes...1600 rounds...weights 67lbs :shock: ....90% bought at walmart for $5.17...some have 6.99-7.99 on them from other places...couldnt bring myself to buy stupid panic prices

Tigerstripe

Nov 7, 2011
Upstate
94formulabird said:
Today I bought myself the last 3 boxes needed to fill my fat .50 can of 7.62x39

80 boxes...1600 rounds...weights 67lbs :shock: ....90% bought at walmart for $5.17...some have 6.99-7.99 on them from other places...couldnt bring myself to buy stupid panic prices

thats how i filled a 50 cal can too. you need to bring that with you to the Shootzenfest. see below

http://youtu.be/fGTDlx3qLzQ