WANTED: Colt AR-15 SP1 or Colt 602/XM16E1/M16A1 clone

pipboy344

Jan 28, 2015
Looking for a shooter condition Colt AR-15 SP1 or one of the clones from the title.

No PSA/DTI/WW/BCM, please.

Please be willing to trade, partial or full 770DBD80-4C14-4322-99F7-EC8D90AAB0B6.jpeg

Last edited:

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2011
Can't believe you're still looking. Would think with the excess AR-15's on the market you'd be able to fill this.

pipboy344

Jan 28, 2015
Can't believe you're still looking. Would think with the excess AR-15's on the market you'd be able to fill this.
Been looking for years. No one has anything that isn’t custom or a carbine. Really desperate. Armslist is nothing but time wasters and really obvious ATF agents trying to get me to straw purchase.

pipboy344

Jan 28, 2015
Why would you say that? What’s your inside scoop? Who’s actually making them?
I’ve heard from people who have their hands on them that the metal quality is very hit or miss,

there’s many small parts in a dark black instead of gray,

the furniture is quite brittle compared to vintage and looks & feels much different,

the barrels may or may not be correct spec depending on when it was purchased due to the company producing them set up for modern suppressors which won’t let a vintage flash-hider or washer sit right,

and i’ve heard there’s several things a collector could nitpick that would actually be extremely easy to fix that Brownell’s actually sells so it seems to them like Brownells is making them pay for more parts

(i:e they all have Type-D style stocks when the A1 should have the Type-E trapdoor stock Brownells sells separately, etc.)