Spartanburg: Two People Shot And Killed During Burglary

bigfutz

Active Member
Deputies: Two People Shot And Killed During Burglary
http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/apr/07/6/two_people_shot_burglary-ar-3559909/

This WSPA article didn't mention it, but the Greenville News stated the man came home to find two men trying to break in to his apartment and shot them. He's got a couple of things going against him: 1. They were outside of his apartment; 2. He (apparently) was as well, meaning he could have possibly avoided the threat to his life by leaving. (There was no mention of any family inside the apartment.) We'll have to keep an eye on this case.
 
There is no byline on that article, but it makes me wonder if they teach grammar in journalism school anymore.

The Sheriff?s Office says there is not a threat to the community. Investigators have spoken with the resident of the apartment and no charges has been filed at this time.
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article ... y=nav|head
Clark Brook at greenvilleonline.com does better:
In addition to the crime scene deputies and the Coroner?s Office, the incident is being investigated by the Sheriff?s Office violent crimes unit, Ivey said. No charges have been filed.

While it is early in the investigation, Ivey said that everyone involved has been identified and found, and there is no threat to the community.
 

deeHKman

New Member
bigfutz said:
Deputies: Two People Shot And Killed During Burglary
http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/apr/07/6/two_people_shot_burglary-ar-3559909/

This WSPA article didn't mention it, but the Greenville News stated the man came home to find two men trying to break in to his apartment and shot them. He's got a couple of things going against him: 1. They were outside of his apartment; 2. He (apparently) was as well, meaning he could have possibly avoided the threat to his life by leaving. (There was no mention of any family inside the apartment.) We'll have to keep an eye on this case.
Thank's for the link, i agree about being outside. Since the guy who shot them was not arrested i see that other circimstance's had to be involved. Like if the two thug's had any sort of weapon. I'll look for a link by Mas Ayoob about a bad situation like this. Castle law for SC below,
http://www.sled.sc.gov/ProtectionOfPeop ... MenuID=CWP
 

deeHKman

New Member
deeHKman said:
bigfutz said:
Deputies: Two People Shot And Killed During Burglary
http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/apr/07/6/two_people_shot_burglary-ar-3559909/

This WSPA article didn't mention it, but the Greenville News stated the man came home to find two men trying to break in to his apartment and shot them. He's got a couple of things going against him: 1. They were outside of his apartment; 2. He (apparently) was as well, meaning he could have possibly avoided the threat to his life by leaving. (There was no mention of any family inside the apartment.) We'll have to keep an eye on this case.
Thank's for the link, i agree about being outside. Since the guy who shot them was not arrested i see that other circimstance's had to be involved. Like if the two thug's had any sort of weapon. I'll look for a link by Mas Ayoob about a bad situation like this. Castle law for SC below,
http://www.sled.sc.gov/ProtectionOfPeop ... MenuID=CWP
http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net ... rticle.htm

Forgot to add but Sheriff Chuck Wright is One who Look's Out for all of Spartanburg County. To me he set's a Great example to "not" be in His County if your a Criminal. He's a Big supporter of self defense we need more like him!! Cannot find the link i mentioned but Mas his is above....i would love to take one of his classes...BTW, we met do you think i could run/retreat? Another example to think about....
 

bigfutz

Active Member
The fact that no arrest was made indicates the circumstances may not have been fully explained in the news article. Surely a fair and balanced rag like the Greenville News would not have put a spin on the story. I hope neither of them was wearing a hoodie, or we may be in for more trouble.
 

deeHKman

New Member
bigfutz said:
The fact that no arrest was made indicates the circumstances may not have been fully explained in the news article. Surely a fair and balanced rag like the Greenville News would not have put a spin on the story. I hope neither of them was wearing a hoodie, or we may be in for more trouble.
Or put s pic of them on tv showing pic.s of the BG's when they were like 12 or 15 not 17 and 6'3" wearing a hoodie. Heck he would have freaked anyone out..especially the guy who "had" to shoot him.

I'll ask Mas Ayoob and post back what his thought's are..(not today give me a day or so feeling rough today)he testifies in many cases like this hopefully not one!!!! But self defense cases all over the US...the Greenville New's lost it's way long ago as Most of the US media...

Here is Hal Lindsey's link i'm amazed to read the truth about obama and so much other new's. Be ready for a awakening when you read this i do eachday, later...

http://www.hallindsey.com/
 

bigfutz

Active Member
Update: So now it seems the resident who shot the two invaders had list his right to own a gun due to his being on parole from a forgery conviction. Does a white collar crime strip you of your 2nd Amendment rights?
 

bigfutz

Active Member
So if you commit a felony, violent or not, do you lose your inalienable rights to freedom of religion, of speech, from search and siezure? Will the military board soldiers in your house? Seems like we have really let them chip away at the 2nd.
 
Sad but true. They've chipped away across the board. Eventually, everyone will be a felon for an endless array of victimless "crimes".
 
Top