SOLD - DPMS slickside AR upper receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotarymike

This is the DPMS reinforced slick-side - no forward assist, no port door, no brass deflector.

Just the upper receiver. Got it thinking it would be lighter than a normal M4 receiver - nope. Very thick walls - would make a nicely rigid DMR/accuracy rifle, or a great upper to convert to side charging.

Would like to trade even for any mil-spec M4 receiver, stripped or not OK. Ramps do not have to be M4.

Would sell for $85. Cost on Midway is $88 + s&h. This is brand-new, never been assembled. I just weighed it after it seemed suspiciously heavy.

FWIW, it clocks in at about 10 ounces, versus 3 for my AO Precision M4 upper. If I wasn't building a super-light weight upper to go on the slidefire lower for .22LR, it would be fine.

FTF Charleston area, or add $7 for USPS priority anywhere else.

rotarymike

WTT/WTS DPMS slickside AR upper receiver

Edit that: 10.6 ounces for the DPMS, 8.3 for the AO Precision. Not a huge difference but every ounce counts when you're trying to bump rimfire.

Also, a few pics: (Click to embiggen)

bigfutz

Courtesy link
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/138383

Wondering about the effects of having no brass deflector? I know my brass deflector has a few marks on it, so it's obviously in use. On the other hand, most shooters never use the forward assist (which raises the question, where do you find a slick-side bolt carrier?)

So did it weigh more than the stripped upper? Realize, weight will be added to your other if you add the dust cover, forward assist, etc. which are absent from this one.

Tigerstripe

i like mine. it is what i put on the dedicated 22 16 inch upper.

works well.

rotarymike

Sold it this AM; that was fast.

Slickside: 10~ ounces.
AO Precision M4 with dist door etc and forward assist: 8~ ounces.

I seem to remember my Rock River M4 upper was about 8.5 ounces too.

The brass deflector is for left-handed shooters. Without it, you get brass in the face. IN THE FACE. lol. Not fun. Right handed shooters just end up with brass more to the rear and closer (it ejects more downwards without the deflector, IIRC).

Seems like time to make a midway order.

Status
Not open for further replies.