RUGER MK III Reassembly help

First day on the forum and I already have a question :?: I Disassembled my MK III for the frist today to clean, I used an online video on how to do this and used another to reassemble http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-reass ... ol-258785/ and everything is fine right up until installing the stop pin assembly (2:52) the tip of the pin extends beyond the top of the receiver and I even tapped on it to ensure it is in all the way. My problem comes when I close the latch, something is pulling the pin back out as I try to rotate the latch closed. (3:00) It's making me mad tonight so I'll come back to it tomorrow. Any help is appreciated. Thankyou.

Thanks anyway. I did come back to it today and figured it out. I thought the hammer was ALL of the way up but it was preventing the latch from closing. I inserted the magazine, pulled the trigger and was able to push the hammer up further allowing me to close the latch. Will know from now on!

Frost

Glad you got it back together.
You ought to eliminate that silly magazine safety.
That and the Volquartzen parts make a big difference.

scorpion8319

Hello, I am new to the board! And wanted to say it is nice to have a place to talk about Firarms and items about guns. I am in Fountain inn,Sc and have the Largest Gunsmith/Machine shop in the Upstate, I offer kit builds, barrel work, machining, and all other gunsmithing, I am also a big game hunter and do 2-4 safaris a year. Please check out my site sometime if you need any help! www.gunsmithing.8m.com I offer my gunsmithing services on Gunbroker.com auctionarms.com the shotgun news, Guns & ammo magazine, and others to name!
-Best Chris

Schultz

Welcome scorpion8319! Be sure to pop down to the New User Check in forum and introduce yourself. ;)