RIA mag question

dhayden81

I finally purchased my first 1911, a RIA non rail tactical, and was wondering what would be the best 2nd magazine for it. The gun came with 1 ACT mag and I purchased a Kimber mag as well, but I am wondering if there is a better mag than the Kimber. From what I understand a good magazine makes all the difference. Any and all help is appreciated..

fordnut

I have Chip Mc.Cormick's mags for both of my Kimbers...There is a world of difference.

Steve

Dirk Pitt

ACT makes a very good magazine, Chip McCormicks are great, as are the Wilsons. I would lean towards the Chip or the Wilson myself.

Schultz

I've always had flawless service with McCormick and Wilson mags.

carsontech

Dirk Pitt said:
ACT makes a very good magazine, Chip McCormicks are great, as are the Wilsons. I would lean towards the Chip or the Wilson myself.
I love the followers in the ACT mags. The springs combined with the metal follower may treat the slide stop notch a bit hard, but that's just extra assurance for me. That being said I keep hearing problems about the top of the mags cracking after a few thousand rounds, but I never use just one mag at the range, so my mags never get that many rounds through them.

IIRC, the ACT mag guys use to work for Mecgar.