Relocation question


New Member
Hi all.
My search-fu must be weak, because I can't nail down an answer to a question:
If I move from NC to SC, what must I do to obtain my SC CCW? Paperwork and vision test, or must I do the entire process all over?
Can I legally carry on my NC permit til it expires?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry, you must have a SC CWP whenever you have a SC drivers license. You can carry on your NC CHP until then. South Carolina only recognizes permits from states that you are a resident of. That precludes say, a Georgia resident from carrying concealed in SC on a Utah permit. As soon as you officially become a SC resident, you are expected to obtain and posses a SC CWP.

Classes are available everywhere and just about every week. Yes, you have to attend the class, pass the written test, pass the range qualification, submit your application (with a copy of your SC drivers license) and wait for the permit to arrive in the mail. Many are now receiving theirs in as little as 4 weeks. If you are going to be in the Myrtle Beach area, I can help you. Good luck.


New Member
Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured..just not what I hoped!
I used to move around alot for work, and I've lost count of the number of times I've taken the darn CCW classes! Oh well, what's one more day I guess...

BTW, if I move, which I may know by next week, I'll be living near Columbia, but will have projects in Myrtle, so I may look you up throttleup!