Palmetto State Armory

FredM

Checked out their new store in Greenville today. It's the best gun store I've been in. Really nice.

Tigerstripe

figured they would have a big openning day sale. did they?

i would have gone to see it but it would have been like going to a gun show with no money.

John Canuck

I took a walk through there today. Prices didn't seem too out of line and they had a decent selection. I didn't even know they were open and just happened to drive by.

Tigerstripe

yeah, the opening was supposed to be last Sat. but they said they werent ready and changed to the 24th.

Lupinus

Glad to hear things look nice. I'll probably be dropping in today or tomorrow.

bilall

They had their "soft" opening on Wednesday, but the official "Grand Opening" is around August 17. Maybe some good sales then.
Range will be probably mid-September.
On Wednesday evening I picked up some .22 WInMag ammo at $4 less per box of 50 than the store down the street.
Biggest selection I've seen in a store in some time - firearms, ammo, optics. Even had about 10 gun safes on display.
Good selection, average prices - actually have lots of ammo on the shelf. I saw some things cheaper than other places, some higher.
For example, .30-30 target ammo at a really good price, .22LR not so good.

Lupinus

Popped in last night. I'm liking this place.

REALLY nice selection and a lot of guns I don't see much in gun stores, least not around here. 1911's out the wazoo and makers who don't seem to be stocked often, Glock models that I don't see stocked often, etc. Surprisingly a little light on the EBR's, but then most everyone is. Gun prices seemed to be around mid point of the decent range, not bad but not cheap. Price range on the ammo and accessories kind of varied.

Lot's of mags. Good priced pistol mags, steel AR mags were at a good price, P Mags at really nice prices also.

All in all, me likey.

11B3XCIB

I alwayss think of this when I read "EBR":

epezent.jpg

"Enhanced Battle Rifle"

rotarymike

Yeah, I know what you mean. Except in that case I'm pretty sure the E stands for Expensive. :)

If the AR-15 design is the Chevy Smallblock of guns, does that make the Ruger 10/22 the Honda 4-cylinder?

To push the comparison, I wonder what the gun equivalent of a rotary engine would be. Probably that odd Gyrojet thing.

Dave29461

rotarymike said:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Except in that case I'm pretty sure the E stands for Expensive. :)

If the AR-15 design is the Chevy Smallblock of guns, does that make the Ruger 10/22 the Honda 4-cylinder?

To push the comparison, I wonder what the gun equivalent of a rotary engine would be. Probably that odd Gyrojet thing.

Savage Model 99. Hi-power, manual shift, compact package, Rotary Magazine and has been around since Wankel was a pup. :lol:

FredM

With the new range in Simpsonville, this area now has five indoor ranges. When I moved back to Greenville in 1998, there were none. It's great. :D