Open Carry

Two Nickels

I have heard rumors of South Carolina adopting "Open Carry", can you all verify this? Again it is only a few rumors, I have tried several places to see what the actual laws are but I cannot find any information on it.
I personally would love to legally carry open, I do have my CWP and as you all are probably aware it is not that easy to always carry "concealed".

Two Nickels

I thank you for taking time to try and help answer my question however the link you provided was specific to CWP; I am interested in learning whether or not "Open Carry" is permitted. I previously looked through the information on the link that you provided and looked at it again after you sent it to me and could not find the answer. Did I overlook something?
Again, thank you for your time and assistance.

bilall

A bill for "Constitutional Carry" was passed by the House in 2017 (House Bill H.3700) but died in the Senate. To my knowledge, nothing has happened since. There was a corresponding Senate bill (Senate Bill S.0449) that was somewhat different but with the same goal, but it also died in committee without approval at the end of the 2017/2018 session.

Last edited:

Two Nickels

A bill for "Constitutional Carry" was passed by the House in 2017 (House Bill H.3700) but died in the Senate. To my knowledge, nothing has happened since. There was a corresponding Senate bill (Senate Bill S.0449) that was somewhat different but with the same goal, but it also died in committee without approval at the end of the 2017/2018 session.
Thank you. I believe this may have been what I was hearing, the timing fits. Perhaps the information was inaccurately communicated and that explains why I could not find anything.