Newb Checking in

Silver-Dollar

The name is Sean. I have lived in the Summerville area since 1976. I had a few shotguns when I was younger and a lot of bb guns. When I moved from my parents place, I left them there. They eventually got rid of them. Oh well.

Found this site through a link on an automotive forum. I figured I join. I had a pretty nice Silverado with a 6.0l LQ9, cammed, stalled, geared..... Had to get rid of it for something for family oriented. Now rding in a Tundra Crewmax.

Anyway, hoping to pick up a couple of pistols soon, a semi automatic for me and the wife wants a revolver. I have been doing a lot a looking and still have not fully decided on something. Trying to keep the price under $500 each.

Sean.

Tigerstripe

welcome.

i got a handgun from a forum member the other week. i think he has more for sale.

a friend told me he MIGHT sell a glock 21 (45). ill ask him if he wants me to post it.

Silver-Dollar

Some more research has led me to look hard at the Ruger LCR .38 with Crimson Trace for the wife (and a few speedloaders). I may end up with the same thing. But, the S&W MP 40 with Crimson Trace has my eye. But there is a $120 difference between the non-laser version and the Crimson Trace version.

RyanEOD

Silver-Dollar said:
Some more research has led me to look hard at the Ruger LCR .38 with Crimson Trace for the wife (and a few speedloaders). I may end up with the same thing. But, the S&W MP 40 with Crimson Trace has my eye. But there is a $120 difference between the non-laser version and the Crimson Trace version.
I just grabbed me a S&W M&P 40 Pro Series about a week ago, I am a fan. I also have a Glock G27 for comparison. I opted not to go with the Crimson Trace, instead I have Novak Nightsights. I don't want someone to see a laser beam shooting across the rooms as I clear my house or whatnot and the night sights give me what I need to put a shot on target in the dark.

Edit - Also, WELCOME!

Silver-Dollar

After holding a LCR, it is too small for my liking. I just got back from range testing a S&W 642 in a 38. It felt better in my hand. @ 7yards I was having to aim 6" low and 6" to the right to hit the intended area.