Black Rifles New Plastic lower.

fordnut

Well, I fell prey to the AR Gods at the gun show this weekend...I bought a new Plum Crazy AR-15 Lower...
I got a great deal on an upper and needed a lower for it, so, I picked up one of the all plastic lowers.

I hope we will get to go to the range next weekend to find out what it does, but, it looks good...

Steve

Red Hat

I bought five a couple months ago. So far I've used two of them and really like them. They were going for $89 from the dealer. I got them for $100 a pop. How much were they going for at the show? At the last Greenville show they were going for $145.

fordnut

I paid $160.00 for the one I bought...But, if you bought one from the internet, they were $109. plus $15.00 shipping, plus $25.00 for FFL fees...So, I am pretty well happy with the price...

And, Yes, Frost....I did real good on the upper...

I got a complete AR for about what an upper would cost... I am happy.

Steve

Red Hat

They had a special price a few months back. $89 plus free shipping.

Range Master

Give us a report on it after you've put it through its paces. I am intrigued, but plastic worries me a little......got to like Glocks though.....

Red Hat

Range Master said:
Give us a report on it after you've put it through its paces. I am intrigued, but plastic worries me a little......got to like Glocks though.....
The one that I have fired the most is my AR pistol that I built using the Plum Crazy lower. I've run 500+ rds through it without any signs of wear. The Polymer trigger group is self lubricating and has held up perfectly. From what I was told, PC has a full auto version that has had thousands of rounds through it without any excessive wearing or breakage. One benefit that I've found is it makes a light weight firearm lighter.