NC Star scopes....worth a darn?

kg4kpg

Having an A2 upper seems to really limit my choices plus the fact that I do have a limited budget. Just don't want junk. I had a 4x32 ACOG on the M-4 I carried in the desert, what a gem. Ran accross the one pictured below and I'm not familiar with NC Star. I'm open to ideas for a decent scope and mount for my A2.

Chris

NC Star Mark III Tactical Series 3942G 3-9X42 Compact Riflescope

I have heard some bad reports on NC star. But I have a scope on an anaconda in 44mag and it has performed excellant.

HHB Guns

They called me about a month ago and wanted me to be a stocking dealer for them. I did a bunch of homework since they wanted me to drop $4000 and I found tons of bad reviews online. I personally didn't want mad customers coming to me with broken products so I steered clear.

HHB Guns said:
They called me about a month ago and wanted me to be a stocking dealer for them. I did a bunch of homework since they wanted me to drop $4000 and I found tons of bad reviews online. I personally didn't want mad customers coming to me with broken products so I steered clear.
WOW- 4 grand to sell their product. I don't blame ya. :shock:

kg4kpg

Well, I'll just stay away from them then. How about the Barska 4x20? Seem like it has been around a while. No hurry, I'll find one I like one of these days. DPMS wrote me back and said they don't do flat top upgrades after the sale. Kinda of figured that.

jjwestbrook

you can pick up a flattop upper (stripped) for around $90 probably cost 50-75 to have it switched out if you dont have the tools to do it yourself.

kg4kpg

That's an idea. I would love to do a job like that myself if I had the tools. Anyone know of an AR-15/M-16 armorers course locally?

jjwestbrook

kg4kpg said:
That's an idea. I would love to do a job like that myself if I had the tools. Anyone know of an AR-15/M-16 armorers course locally?
where are you at?

armedpig

There is a rail made that mounts to the handle. It will give you alot more options.

Optics planet is a good source for anything that has glass in it. Also keep check on the forums, quite a bit of stuff pops up for sale.

mherman18

I have a barska 2x magnification red dot on my AR and have been happy so far. It has kept its zero while riding in the trunk in a soft case. It may not be an Eotech but I couldn't justify spending that type money.

Clicker

I picked up a 3x9 illuminated reticle NC Star scope some years ago at a pawn shop. Mounted on top of my 7.62x39 AR upper.

My buddies will never let me forget the day I was shooting that set up on the M16. I was happily blasting away when the lights went out. Stopped and looked over the scope and the switch / battery unit was dangling from the side of the scope held only by 2 wires!

Once everyone stopped laughing I removed the POS and went back to shooting with iron sights. It's been in the garage ever since, no wait I did mount it on a 22LR upper set up for a while and nothing shook loose on it then.

So I have a used NC Star scope for sale........................................cheap!

Silent Bob

Clicker said:
I picked up a 3x9 illuminated reticle NC Star scope some years ago at a pawn shop. Mounted on top of my 7.62x39 AR upper.

My buddies will never let me forget the day I was shooting that set up on the M16. I was happily blasting away when the lights went out. Stopped and looked over the scope and the switch / battery unit was dangling from the side of the scope held only by 2 wires!

Once everyone stopped laughing I removed the POS and went back to shooting with iron sights. It's been in the garage ever since, no wait I did mount it on a 22LR upper set up for a while and nothing shook loose on it then.

So I have a used NC Star scope for sale........................................cheap!

Ha!! Funny story....