My 1911 Carry Options

carsontech

I have several options for CCing my 1911. I have 1.5 and 1.25 inch Blackhawk gun "dress" belts so far.

1 Regular, no holster, IWB carry
2 Fobus paddle OWB holster with a big baggy shirt i have to wear for that
3 My crossbreed Supertuck

4 Now, I just ordered a Clipdraw... http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=273250

I think I will like it. I love my Crossbreed, but sometimes a simple, no holster situation arises. Like buming around the house, quick trips to the store, less active things, etc. No messing with holsters and stuff like that. I would usually just throw a gun IWB with no holster for situations like these, but I would like to have a little something to keep the gun from falling down my pants.

Dirk Pitt

Be careful carrying without a holster, it'll be real easy for the safety to ride off the 1911 without a holster. Whenever I've carried a gun without a holster I've just carried it condition three with no round in the chamber.

Bob Ouellette

That supertuck looks pretty nice. As far as the safety coming off, does your 1911 have a firing pin block? It's a pretty effective way to prevent AD's.

carsontech

There is no firing pin stop IIRC. the RIA's are 70 series clones, I believe.

Here are the pics of the clip installed:

Midnight Raver

That's pretty nice that way too! It doesn't seem too thick, does it change your grip on the pistol at all or affect your functioning with it?

Bob Ouellette

Will you carry it like that in the summer? I sweat a lot and wouldn't care to clean and oil my gun every day to get all the salts off of it.