maybe i can help

Shootist

hi fellers, i just joined your forum, my name is mike and i have 40+years handloading exp. i sure don't know it all and i am sure that i don't compare with some of you here but, if i can help just ask. it's good to be on board. :D

fordnut

Hey Mike, Steve here...Glad you could make it...

YES, YOU CAN HELP....I have never reloaded, or, even watched anyone else do it...

I want to start,but, knowing me...I would have $10,000.00 tied up in reloading equiptment real fast...

Can we all together say....DIVORCE....

Is there some way to start very simple????

Steve

Shootist

yea steve i would check out e-bay they have good deals often. check the prices against midwayusa.com. i would not get fancy keep it simple. used is just as good as new in most cases, often it's better. i would much rather have used rcbs stuff than new lee. get a singel stage press, an old one will work good. just make sure it will accept 7/8 thread dies, most will. one press i use was made 1959-1963 it is a rcbs 2a i would not trade it for any new press made. you can always buy one thing a week and the wife won't even know! thats what i do......... :D

Shootist

ONE OTHER THING STEVE, IF YOU NEED A LIST OF EQUIPMENT THAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED :mrgreen: JUST LET ME KNOW.

HHB Guns

Is the Mike I'm thinking of? I have a friend I know named mike that lives in cottageville that has reloaded all his life. Actually the one who got me started in reloading.

HHB Guns

Yeah mike doing well. You need to order some more guns. Man I havent reloaded in a while. I may need a refresher course. lol How did you stumble on the site?

Shootist

henry i am selling a 1903a3, fordnut called me about it. he told me about the site, i took a look and liked the fact that it is a small group and local, so here i am. my wife would disagree with you about buying more guns. i don't need another gun just now but that old reloading stuff that you have i can use if you want to sell it. let me know......... :mrgreen: