Black Rifles interesting AK

Shrapnel762 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnZDtCDQAI0[/youtube]
Novel ideas but the price-point on the gun and the magazines are beyond what I think most AK afficianados will be willing to bite off. I love the innovation, though, and hope that this leads to more AK developments that are actually useful to the community-at-large.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/GunWebsites?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase#p/u/3/y83fjaMXXUM[/youtube]

I think it's interesting that the videos talk about how compact it makes the gun ... but the demo model(s) have fixed buttstocks.

Clicker

That's cool stuff right there!
Now that I own a Steyr AUG I can say first hand that a QD barrel system is the cats pajamas. It really is more of a help when cleaning than storage or transport IMO.
Nice to see innovative things going on and it would make a great platform as a SBR.

Schultz

Personally I'm not to impressed mainly it's not really that "Compact" and I would think somewhere down the line there going to be headspace issues. As for the mag there was something similar that came out a few years ago that didn't catch on, It's nothing more than a plastic triple stack mag which shortens it a little and widens it.

Schultz said:
Personally I'm not to impressed mainly it's not really that "Compact" and I would think somewhere down the line there going to be headspace issues. As for the mag there was something similar that came out a few years ago that didn't catch on, It's nothing more than a plastic triple stack mag which shortens it a little and widens it.
And costs $100 instead of the $8 that a steel 30 round magazine costs. Exceptionally niche and marginalized novelty items.

Dirk Pitt

I don't like the idea of the 30 round magazine, wouldn't fit in any mag pouches, but I saw them at SHOT and I like the idea of the first magazine in the gun being a 45 round one and than going to your traditional 30 round magazines.

The detachable barrel on the AK is cool, but I don't know that it's any more compact than a folding AK.