I'm a Prepper...

mcdaniel

First of all, thanks for the new forum title, really opens up some good topics.

I am a prepper...

I am building a BOB, I like to have plenty of food around, and i find myself doing this more and more as I get older and have more responsibilities (read:family).

Is anyone else a prepper? do you have a plan? what about a BOB? I would like any good ideas, as well as pictures of BOBs as I build mine piece by piece.

Low Branch

I have a BOB, but it is not an uber-kewl survivalist, all-inclusive, 72 month bag. It is a simple back-pack from Wal-mart that I keep a few things inside. This bag is mostly to get out of my house in 60 seconds and have a few things. The contents are simple: A towel, a knit-cap, one pair of pants, one shirt, one pair socks, two pair underwear, two candy bars, one bottle of water, small first-aid, two pens, one headlamp, extra batteries, two magazines for G23, multi-tool, old cellphone with charger and current sim card, USB flash drive with all important personal and family documents, extra SCDL, extra SCCWP, one copy of my family emergency plan, and a few other things that are escaping me at the moment. All family members have a bag like this that is kept by the window in their bedroom. I take mine when I leave the house in case I need immediate access to extra mags or the emergency plan.
My emergency plan contains contact information and lists that are handy in various scenarios. I do not use this BOB or plan for any end of the world/doomsday prophecy stuff, just for a survival situation I may face tomorrow (i.e. fire, hurricane, earthquake, etc.) I have created document lists that are copied and on the flash drive. I have extras of everything, copies of receipts, photos of my home and contents, contact info for insurance companies along with all necessary numbers. I have prepared myself to be able to find anything quickly and have access to my life should something bad happen.

mcdaniel

The flash drive is a great idea. I am going to do that. that is a great and easy way to keep all the paper you need at hand. Thanks for the tip.

thebrasilian

Low Branch said:
I have a BOB, but it is not an uber-kewl survivalist, all-inclusive, 72 month bag. It is a simple back-pack from Wal-mart that I keep a few things inside. This bag is mostly to get out of my house in 60 seconds and have a few things. The contents are simple: A towel, a knit-cap, one pair of pants, one shirt, one pair socks, two pair underwear, two candy bars, one bottle of water, small first-aid, two pens, one headlamp, extra batteries, two magazines for G23, multi-tool, old cellphone with charger and current sim card, USB flash drive with all important personal and family documents, extra SCDL, extra SCCWP, one copy of my family emergency plan, and a few other things that are escaping me at the moment. All family members have a bag like this that is kept by the window in their bedroom. I take mine when I leave the house in case I need immediate access to extra mags or the emergency plan.
My emergency plan contains contact information and lists that are handy in various scenarios. I do not use this BOB or plan for any end of the world/doomsday prophecy stuff, just for a survival situation I may face tomorrow (i.e. fire, hurricane, earthquake, etc.) I have created document lists that are copied and on the flash drive. I have extras of everything, copies of receipts, photos of my home and contents, contact info for insurance companies along with all necessary numbers. I have prepared myself to be able to find anything quickly and have access to my life should something bad happen.
1 Pair of socks and 2 underwear?? Is that for the "S" in "SHF" :lol: I crack myself up.

Really sound very well thought out though.

Low Branch

It is for the "S." I am pretty sure when it hits the fan it will also hit my drawers...