Hey everyone...

Dave29461

Dec 23, 2009
M. C., S.C.
Long time no see or hear, STEVE. Glad to know you’re doing well. Hope the family is doing well, also. Lot has changed since you been gone.
Hello to everyone else!!
Dave

fordnut

Oct 4, 2009
Hanahan, SC
I hope we are going to get the gang back. Been a long time....
Sure miss the range time with everyone... I have no place to shoot here except an indoor range. Miss Boggy Head...
I have some new toys and can't even shoot them....but, I degress....

So glad the forum is alive again, and , everyone is showing up...
Steve

Tigerstripe

Nov 7, 2011
Upstate
here is another elephant in the room.

the ranges, Philsons and Rose Hill up here are on Sumpter NATIONAL Forest. the NATIONAL part came along posting signs late last year that they would be charging $5/ person to partake in our sport, hobby, obsession. or $50/ year.
there is supposed to be a "person" or some like being working there to keep things "whatever". they want to fine people for, their words, "trigger trash", other trash and whatever else they think they can get away with.

have you heard about this? is Boggy Head on a federal land?

one good thing about not being State DNR is THEY wont allow machine guns like the feds do, for now. it is posted at DNR ranges that there have to be some stupid number of seconds between shots. they are also building those obnoxious timber barriers between the shooter and the berms.

Apr 29, 2010
Hanahan, SC

the ranges, Philsons and Rose Hill up here are on Sumpter NATIONAL Forest. the NATIONAL part came along posting signs late last year that they would be charging $5/ person to partake in our sport, hobby, obsession. or $50/ year.
there is supposed to be a "person" or some like being working there to keep things "whatever". they want to fine people for, their words, "trigger trash", other trash and whatever else they think they can get away with.

one good thing about not being State DNR is THEY wont allow machine guns like the feds do, for now. it is posted at DNR ranges that there have to be some stupid number of seconds between shots. they are also building those obnoxious timber barriers between the shooter and the berms.
Boggy is under Federal control however Twin Ponds has been turned over to the state (as I understand things) and they now have a RO on site with a "No Rapid Fire" policy. Ben Mara has shot there and said it was really nice just no MG action allowed.

I've heard the Fed's are considering a pay to play format in the future at Boggy Head - time will tell.

bigfutz

Nov 5, 2011
I-385 South of I-85

can you get a picture of one of those signs?