Gun Show this weekend

Schultz

New Member
Anybody thinking about checking this one out? Jan 7-8 2012 Spartanburg, SC @ The Piedmont Fairgrounds 575 Fairgrounds Rd. http://gunrunnershows.com/Spartensburg.htm According to my findings this show is a first for us here in sparkle city apparently they are from Georgia. First strike against them is they spelled Spartanburg wrong. :shock: :evil: :roll: I'm probably going Saturday morning anybody else going?
 

Schultz

New Member
Nobody? I know cash is tight right after Christmas but..... Myself I'm curious if this show is gonna be any good.
 

bigfutz

Active Member
$50 is a bit steep! Oh, wait, maybe that's the cost to rent a table. Does the Sptbg Fairgrounds have any sort of facility? I definitely can't go Sat, but maybe Sun. Give us a report.
 

Schultz

New Member
John Canuck said:
I was thinking of dropping by. Do they zip tie your CC gun at the door?
I assume they will. This show is the first from this promoter here, They are out of Atlanta.
 

Schultz

New Member
Well that show was a bust. 8 bucks to get in and within 15/20 minutes I was out and heading home. Not worth it IMO. BTW the Spartanburg Police weren't there to zip tie guns the people taking the money at the door were. :shock:
 

Schultz

New Member
thebrasilian said:
Schultz said:
... BTW the Spartanburg Police weren't there to zip tie guns the people taking the money at the door were. :shock:
Now that scary.
Oh yea especially when the guy in front of me was carrying poorly concealed and walked right in. :shock: :roll:
 

HOLY DIVER

New Member
yep this show was a bust all right. i went in at 9;30 and by 10:00 i was in the truck headed for the show in Fletcher NC now that was a good show
 
Show was garbage - I want my $8.00 back!!!! It would have been great if I were in the market for cheap chinese knives or airsoft guns though.
 

Schultz

New Member
John Canuck said:
There is a show in Greenville next weekend run by SCADA. Maybe I'll wait and check that one out if the Spartanburg show is crap.
http://fubat45.home.mindspring.com/scaca/SCACASHOW.htm
It's in Columbia next weekend not Greenville, SCACA shows are always decent shows. Check this post for the complete list for the year ----> viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3110


Silent Bob said:
Show was garbage - I want my $8.00 back!!!! It would have been great if I were in the market for cheap chinese knives or airsoft guns though.
Thats why I called ya to try to give you the heads up. :)


Since it's supposed to be crappy weather today I might head up to Fletcher and check that one out.
 

Stan in SC

New Member
I spoke with Darrell of South Carolina Gun Co. earlier this morning(Sunday) and he indicated that he was doing a fair business at this show.Not up to usual but OK.Based on his comments I don't understand the above negative comments.
A new promoter coming into the state will certainly not have the contacts the more entrenched guys do so it is understandable that he would not attract as many vendors.
I am curious ,Silent Bob ,about why you did not set up at this show.

Stan in SC
 
Good question Stan.
1 - Way too small venue / layout for a large setup like ours
2 - Repeated negative feedback from dealers in GA regarding the promoter
3 - I wanted to scout it out before I commited, too many flea market items for my taste
4 - I already have three shows in January, so I needed to pace my timing
 
Schultz said:
John Canuck said:
There is a show in Greenville next weekend run by SCADA. Maybe I'll wait and check that one out if the Spartanburg show is crap.
http://fubat45.home.mindspring.com/scaca/SCACASHOW.htm
It's in Columbia next weekend not Greenville, SCACA shows are always decent shows. Check this post for the complete list for the year ----> viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3110


Silent Bob said:
Show was garbage - I want my $8.00 back!!!! It would have been great if I were in the market for cheap chinese knives or airsoft guns though.
Thats why I called ya to try to give you the heads up. :)


Since it's supposed to be crappy weather today I might head up to Fletcher and check that one out.

I know, right Schultz?! I left my phone in the car and in the building when you called. Thanks for the heads up though.
 

Schultz

New Member
We checked out the show in Fletcher,The prices were all over the scale. When we left at 2 there was still a line at the door, overall not bad.
 

sypher

New Member
im hopefully going to make it to the Columbia show i need to pick up a few odds and ends and maybe some ammo for good measure :)
 

Stan in SC

New Member
Silent Bob,
Your reply makes perfect sense.You do have one of the bigger better set ups which is always a pleasure to peruse..
Darrell reported that he did ok.His comment regarding their "security" was funny.
"Old guy with long beard,SECURITY on his shirt and a revolver in a shoulder holster"
Not very impressive.
They did sell 4000 tickets.

Stan in SC
 
Top