Glock Glock opinions

Hamman

I just aquired a 3rd gen G22 from a freind in a trade, to good to pass on. This is my second 40, I had a HK USP that I just never warmed up to. I had not planned on starting another caliber, but as i said it was to good to pass on.

My question is the caliber conversion 9mm barrel for the G22 worth fooling with ?, I have plenty of G17 mags and 9mm ball for my G26 and sub 2000 and figure I might try the conversion barrel or just trade it for G17 or G19.

Any opinions or advice welcome.

Pigpen

I'd get the conversion. Being able to switch keeps you options open.

Frost

Administrator
He is out of town this weekend but Pops did that conversion and is pleased with it.

Hamman

Red Hat said:
Hey, Hamman...don't you have enough boat anchors by now? :D
When I can't close the doors on the safes I will have enough. I have become pretty good at safely bringing in new aquisitions without the little lady paying any notice. I have not figured out how to slip another safe past her.

Midnight Raver

Glockoma is a good thing to be afflicted with, just ask Frost...

you know they are a good thing if Moscowchusetts wants to curb them. ;)

Seriously though, Glock has so many conversions, options and commonalities that they are too good to pass up on. Besides, they are even more reliable than Kalashnikov products- and THAT speaks volumes about them! :cool:

Hamman

The Glock advice has been appreciated. The problem has been solved by a scattergun. I sent the G22 on its way and brought this home.

The trade sprirts have been good to me of late.

Pigpen

Well, I guess I can't blame you for trading the glock for one of them.

Pops

Administrator
A Glock is always a good choice for a handgun, there are lots of other good guns to choose from as well.
I will wade in here, all be it late, since you let the Glock go, the thingsI like about Glock is that there are tons of aftermarket tricks and add-ons, lots of market for them buying and selling and for abotu $125 you can have two guns in one.
I bought a 9mm conversion barrel for my G22 and by using the G17 or G18 magazines I have two Glocks. I can shoot cheaper in 9mm or harder in .40. everything else is exactly the same. There is also a .357 sig conversion if you like that round.
I'm not totally certain, but I think this, kind of drop in conversion ability is not as common with some of the 1911's? somebody tell me if I'm wrong. I own a Ruger PD89, which is their version of the 1911 in 9mm and I don't think it will convert. (I really like to shoot that gun though)

And it's not just about inexpensive practice rounds. .40 and 9mm being very common, if I had a .40 in my hand and need to scrounge for extra ammo, I would surely find only 9mm. for a small amount of space in my tool bag, I can use either round. If it would convert up to a .45 I'd have to get the .22 conversion slide and have everything covered. :lol:

I also like all the different sights, the aftermarket trigger parts, the relative low cost of many replacement parts etc. I have been watching the carbine conversion kits for them too.

While there are many great alternatives, a Glock is still a good choice. ;)

Pops

Hamman

Thanks Pops. If you don't mind me asking, was your conversion barrel a lone wolf or a storm lake? I want to get a 40 S&W barrel for my G29. The storm lake is about $40 higher than the Lone Wolf.