Getting back in

Richard

From CA originally. Between active duty, classes at night and having to move into a condo, I missed out on reloading/shooting. Moved here to SC in '05 and been reloading/shooting a bit, but want to do more. Had a real nice outdoor range in CA, but have yet to find a decent one here.

Richard

I'm in Lugoff, and you? There's a new public outdoor range 2 miles from me, but to make a long story short, I won't even go near it to spit on their ground. There's a private range not too far from me, it's just getting ahold of the folks that own it. Mid-Carolina out by Ft Jackson looks to be like SBR&G where I was an RO. Going to have to go out there one day & check 'em out.

Crunchy Frog

Richard, any interest in cowboy action shooting? There are two SASS clubs that hold monthly matches at the Mid Carolina Rifle Club near Gaston which should be less than an hour from you. The next match will be the Savannah River Rangers this coming Sunday. Visitors are always welcome at cowboy matches.

I shoot the Upstate matches but have lots of friends who shoot in Gaston.

Richard

SASS?, sounds like fun and I'd like to see a math one day, but then I'd have to buy more guns... wiat, that might not be a bad idea! I just shoot for accuracy, as much as I can anyway. Have an Remington O3A3 that was Dads that I want to try and use fire-form cases for and a Garrand (Springfield) from a DCM Match that is pretty damn good as it is. I do want to head out to MCRC one day, but from what I hear, I'd have to be "sponsored" for the first time at least.

Richard

OK, if I want to go out there this Saturday for example and there are no matches, I just want to shoot, can I? I know I'd have to pay, not a problem, but is MCRC an "open" private range?