East Coast Guns Strikes Again

Dave29461

I had to pass on the clean up Sat. morning because of business obligation but dragged my Son-in-law to East Coast for their tax free sale Sat. afternoon. Found a Savage .410 pump for my daughter to use for $160.00. Tried it out yesterday and it shoots great with some antique shells I had left over from 35-40 years ago. (paper 2 1/2" #4's.) Looked at the traveling display by Big Rock Elite. and got to shake hands with Gary Griffin of WEZL radio. Didn't win a door prize, Dang!! :lol:

Halfcocked

The owner and I were both eyeballing that pump hard! If it didn't sell Saturday I guarantee you it would have been with one of us Monday morning :) Glad you found something we're bringing the truck back in March and having tax free sales again this Friday and Saturday.

Dave29461

My daughter is very happy with it. I'm thinking of getting a barrel and shortening it to between 18-20" for home defense duty. The pattern from this barrel is super at 18ft. It is about 10" with the #4 shot 2 1/2" shells. I'm going to get some 3" 00 or #4 buck and pattern it. It seems that this is not an easy barrel to change but I hate to cut the original barrel without a back-up.

Halfcocked

To tell ya the truth, I don't know how those barrels are put in. If it's like the Savage/Stevens/Springfield's from the same time period, good luck! Those things are about as close to a permanent fixture as you can get.