Concealed carry holsters

jmt2566

What is your favorite way to carry concealed?

I use a Tagua OWB @ about 3:30 or a nylon kangaroo style IWB @ 5:30 when I take my PT 111,
but I have been carrying my j-frame in a Galco IWB more often lately (also @ 3:30).

I am thinking about getting a Kholster or Crossbreed for the 9mm - does anyone have any experience with these?

Range Master

I dont prefer to carry IWB, however, I can carry in a Crossbreed very comfortably. My wife and I spoke with the manufacturer, a Christian gentleman for sure, and were impressed with his products. We now own five for different models and my wife carrys daily in hers! I have no experience with the copycats or tacticalized imitations of the Crossbreed, but I can tell you the Crossbreeds are as comfortable as they are ugly!

fordnut

I looked at the crossbreed holster at the last gun show at the fair grounds...I have their catalog....I just haven't spent the money for one yet...
I usually carry a 3" 45. If I am riding my bike, I use a Galco Miami vice style shoulder holster...I like it...

Steve

Kazhrei

Range Master said:
I dont prefer to carry IWB, however, I can carry in a Crossbreed very comfortably. My wife and I spoke with the manufacturer, a Christian gentleman for sure, and were impressed with his products. We now own five for different models and my wife carrys daily in hers! I have no experience with the copycats or tacticalized imitations of the Crossbreed, but I can tell you the Crossbreeds are as comfortable as they are ugly!
What do you think about the "combat cut"? Recommend it? Don't?

I'm a larger guy and am curious if it'll make it uncomfortable or whether it won't matter and will just help with the draw.

jjwestbrook

crossbreeds are awesome. i have two of em. i dont see any use for the combat cut. i like the j hooks over the clips. if you order be sure to put code "NRA member" to get 10% off. it covers shipping. you wont be sorry

Maddog

Crossbreed Supertuck, best money I ever spent on a holster. Fits several of my favorites so I can carry what ever strikes my fancy at the time, or weather conditions.

Kazhrei

jjwestbrook said:
crossbreeds are awesome. i have two of em. i dont see any use for the combat cut. i like the j hooks over the clips. if you order be sure to put code "NRA member" to get 10% off. it covers shipping. you wont be sorry
I'm not a member so I wouldn't lie about it, but I do qualify for the military discount :p

Bdbys59

Depends on the weather, if it is cold enough for a jacket, then I use a Serpa, otherwise, my "T-shirt"

fordnut

I just got a new holster for my little Sig model 238...It is small enough for pocket carry, but, I really don't like the feel in my pocket.
I found a company in Florida that made a IWB holster for the Sig for cheap..
The company is High Noon Holsters...I got the holster for @24.95...It is a great design. With the small Sig, I forget it is on me. To me, that is the true mark of a comfortable holster,or,...maybe it is just my memory going quickly....

Steve

jmt2566

Thanks guys! I appreciate all of the input. Sounds like the Crossbreed is kind of a favorite with a lot of people. I hadn't ever given the shoulder rig much thought but may check them out too!

Jeff

Kazhrei

Out of everything I've heard from all my forums, I've been seriously contemplating a crossbreed holster for when I move into the world of carrying concealed. They look pretty well made, affordable to boot, and on top of that, you got 2 whole weeks to give it a try and they'll take it back.

jjwestbrook

Kazhrei said:
Out of everything I've heard from all my forums, I've been seriously contemplating a crossbreed holster for when I move into the world of carrying concealed. They look pretty well made, affordable to boot, and on top of that, you got 2 whole weeks to give it a try and they'll take it back.
i have yet to hear of anyone sending one back.

jmt2566

I came across a good thread on the Taurus Armed site that looks at Crossbreed vs. Kholster. I found it interesting & just thought that I would share with anyone interested....

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index ... ic=30681.0

Also looked into the holster that someone is trying to sell on our forum, Texas Carry (?) something like that - they look real nice, just wish that I could use a left handed one!

Midnight Raver

I'm with you on that- they sure don't make enough products for us lefties out there, do they! :evil:

mcdaniel

Crossbreed for my XDs 90% of the time. (This is for my 3" and 4" XDs) Its tuckable, and I can wear my khakis and oxford and conceal without a jacket or vest while tucked in. Horse hide, No combat cut for me.
-Would I buy another one? Abso-freakin-loutly. I will when I buy my next concealed carry piece. I will buy the exact same thing.

I also like my Galco F.L.E.T.C.H. when I carry OWB. (This is for my 4" XD)
-Would I buy another? No, but I would go with the same holster without the thumb-break. Think that model is called the combat master.

I also carry a KelTec P3AT in a BlackHawk Pocket holster made for a .22. I think its a size one. This is more of a "can't carry anything else choice," or during cold weather I will throw this into my coat pocket while I carry a larger gun on my belt.
-Would I buy another? Sure, it serves its purpose, but I am not in love with the gun or the holster. Like I said they serve a purpose that can't be filled by a bigger gun, so I am very glad I have it. PLus the whole pack was less than 350 with gun, holster, extra mags, and a +1 extension. Pretty sweet value.

Dont forget the most overlooked piece of the equasion. I wear a beltman.net belt, velcro lined for my Crossbreed Velcro clips. This is just as important as the holster IMO.

Ninja

+1 for the Crossbreed Supertuck. I carry my G26 in one and would definitely recommend it.