Ccw ammo

armaborealis

I feel that as long as you go with a major manufacturer's premium defensive load you can't be too far off the mark. Shot placement and follow up shots are key anyways because all pistols have poor terminal ballistics (compared to long arms).

I don't "rotate" carry mags but I do have a set of mags which are used ONLY for carry. They don't get banged around in classes, dropped during reload drills, etc.

I rotate carry ammo every year or three, but don't feel too strongly about the need to do so.

waldengr

rotarymike said:
waldengr said:
thanx, 'preciate the full response. although i have family in SC, i live in a state (un-named, to protect the idiots) where a major metro PD/DA have city ordinances that allow you to raise the "affirmative defense" when arrested for concealed carry (CC is permited by state law) which allows a permit holder to be stopped for a traffic violation, and arrested for carrying a weapon when that person attempts to inform the officer for saftey assurance.
Dude, that sucks. You need to move, if nothing else because that municipality is basically advertising its citizens to the drug gangs and theft rings as an open market.

I would like to know as well. I travel up the coast a lot, as I have family in MD, DE and PA. Obviously I don't CC in MD, but traveling through with gun unloaded in glove box has never been a problem when I've been stopped.

I would wonder that the state laws do not trump local laws, as in SC (and everywhere else - there is a pecking order to the law, and if one higher specifically allows something, then usually the lower laws are null).

not an east coast state. just be sure wherever you travel you are completely aware of the laws in each municipality. in the situation mentioned, state law does provide for CCW, but says nothing about restricting municipals from making firearm discharge a chargeable offense. so, you can carry, but you cannot use (well, you can but at great risk). and moving to texas is out because of the heat, humidity and poisionous air caused by an epa-directed gasoline formula that is an acknowledged cancer agent and respiratory system stress. and even texas is getting a bit squishy on gun laws. the attorney was right to note that the delimma is judged by 12 or carried by six. protect your situation in "first to seceed" !!

dhayden81

I have 2 primary CCW, my M&P 40c with Critical duty 165gr flex lock and my 29 with 220 gr Buffalo bore JHP. It all depends on where I am going and what I am doing! My back up is a TCP with 90gr flex lock.

rotarymike

Neat!

And here I just liked HSTs because of the pretty petals.

I did expect more of the Winchester Rangers, but maybe they were not the SXTs. He said they were not the Ranger-Ts.

(and thanks for posting the link).

bigfutz

bigfutz said:
Parhams0508 said:
This guy as twenty videos where he tests 9mm and .380 ACP out of 3" pistols. Absolutely phenomenal work.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... -w4Yozc27i
Our own Precision One is the .380 winner! Congratulations P1!
http://youtu.be/GNtPHYwcDts
I guess the message got out, as on the P-1 web site the following message is posted:
*****PLEASE NOTE AS OF 4/29/14 WE RECEIVED A MESSAGE THAT THE 380 90GR HP/XTP WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE IN MAY DUE TO COMPONENT DELAYS. OUR NEW ESTIMATED TIME FOR AVAILABILITY IS JULY 2014. SORRY!*****

waldengr

melloyello said:
Parhams0508 said:
This guy as twenty videos where he tests 9mm and .380 ACP out of 3" pistols. Absolutely phenomenal work.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... -w4Yozc27i
Those were outstanding videos.
I am disappointed with Critical Duty for my CCW ammo.
Looks like Federal HST is the clear winner and Critical Defense a second.
have another look; lehigh extreme penetrator now reigns (the 9mm verison over-penetrates, a bunch)

Liquid__Mirage

I currently carry a S&W 9 Shield, and I've recently switched to Hornady TAP +P 124 grain, I haven't had time to throw any lead down range since my switch. The wife carries a bodyguard .380 and she's using critical defense rounds. I used critical defense in my 9 for a long time and when shooting from personal experience, I found the critical defense to expand quickly, which helps avoid over penetration and creates a substantial wound cavity over a few various hollow points in my random personal non expert testing,