Black Rifles Bought a HK93 tonight

Clicker

Well I took the hit and bought another HK boomstick. I doubt it will be here by next weekends BH cleanup but should arrive shortly thereafter.
The rifle comes with both the A2 and A3 stocks.
Guess I need to find a FA carrier so I can take her for a true test drive.
I'm pretty stoked to pick up a German built gun at a nice price. Maybe one day it will turn into a 53!

Clicker

thebrasilian said:
Which one did you get?
Come on now ya gotta read the titles too ya know! :p

The 93 is a 5.56 rifle. I have a 53 clone now which is the SBR version of the same gun. I'd love to have the 93 built into a 53 someday. Time will tell.

armedpig

With the time and cost in tear down, cut and thread barrel, reassembly, and refinish, would it not be the same to sell the 93 and buy a 53? Obviously you will have a stamp either way you go so I left that cost out.

By the way congrats on getting a real 93. I am trying to get the money up to buy a kit to build one.

One more thing, This Thread Is Worthless Without Some Pics. Come on man show us some H&K goodness.

Clicker

You can't buy a HK factory built semi auto 53 they were all imported as FA guns.

Therefore if you want a 53 built with German parts you get to buy a cut up 53 in kit form and have it built on a 93 receiver.

Lots of cutting and welding etc so the $200 tax stamp is the least of ones worries when contemplating a 53 build. I honestly don't know if I'll ever get to turn the 93 into a 53 but now I have a donor rifle in the 93 should I decide to do it.

Pictures......ppppppffffftttt......I'm doing good to post this text much less pictures.
Maybe someday I'll be able to handle pic's.

armedpig

Clicker said:
You can't buy a HK factory built semi auto 53 they were all imported as FA guns.

I didn't know they were all full auto. I thought the barrel length was the only difference.

Clicker

Well the tracking info says the 93 is in the Fedex warehouse in Hanahan. Geez man that's less than 4 miles from my house.
Wonder if I could sneak in there and just fondle it for a bit.

HHB Guns

Seeing that Fedex delivers at the butt ass crack of dawn....It seems that I will be getting woken up tomorrow for a early delivery. LOL

Clicker

HHB Guns said:
Seeing that Fedex delivers at the butt ass crack of dawn....It seems that I will be getting woken up tomorrow for a early delivery. LOL
Now see there folks where else can you get that level of customer service in this town!
Henry I expect you to get to bed early tonight so you're bright eyed and bushy tailed in the AM ready to sign for my package.

fordnut

Hey now...Henry always has the best service...And, I know because he has done a lot of transfers for me...

He is good people...

Steve