Back in the .380 game

mcdaniel

Well i sold my P3AT and swore off mouse guns. I was going to carry my bigger guns cause I can, and I have no concealemt problems. Then I hurt my back, so guess what, I have another new .380.

Its a DB380 and I like it, well see after I shoot it, but it's supposed to be a winner. I am ready to fire it, maybe this weekend.

jmt2566

Those Diamond Back .380s look cool! I would love to hear how it works out for you.

I recently got that Crossbreed minituck for my LCP and have found it very comfortable - between using the Crossbreed and pocket carrying I find that I carry more often now. Also find that I will use the LCP as a BG when carrying a larger caliber as my primary carry. I NEVER had a backup gun before having the little .380!!!

Pops

Administrator
I know exactly what you mean.
I started out with the Keltec PF9, then decided it was too bigg to fit in my pocket without leaving a print.
So I went to the P3AT (pronounced P380 of course) and I have carried it ever since.
Then I thought I'd like ot have something more substantial, and if I'm going to carry something bigger than a small .380 I will have to put it in a holster of some kind.
Well if I'm going to futz with a holster I may as well carry a Glock and if I'm going to carry a Glock it may as weel be a G27.

Now I'm back to where I began. . . . :shock:

I've seen several people speak very highly of the Diamondbacks. So much so that I've looked them over at a gunshow.

After you've shot it some and carried it a while, I'd be very interested in hearing about it.

Pops

fordnut

I have gone back to the .380 again. I had a little Sig P238...We shot it a lot...I loved it, then, I traded it off.

I finally traded for another one. Now I am back in the .380 game and I will keep this little Sig...

Steve

mcdaniel

Well, I have some good and bad news about the DB380. It shoots like a dream, the recoil is tame compared to the P3AT I had. The problem is that it's not reliable. I havent had much chance to shoot it, but I finally put it through a break in and I couldn't get it to reliably strip off the first round, and sometimes it would not strip off rounds after firing and ejecting. I also had a few instances when the trigger did not reset fully.

I will be calling them monday. I have heard they have good CS, so I unfortunately will be finding out.

On the other hand, I bought a TCP today, I love the feel. I'll post more once I shoot it.

HHB Guns

I had the same problem with my LCP. I sent it back to ruger and now it is perfect. They replaced the barrel cause it came back not painted like when it left.

Midnight Raver

Bummer to hear about a firearm not functioning correctly, especially if it is for CCW use. Hope either the factory tweaking or the new option works out for you!

mcdaniel

mcdaniel said:
Well, I have some good and bad news about the DB380. It shoots like a dream, the recoil is tame compared to the P3AT I had. The problem is that it's not reliable. I havent had much chance to shoot it, but I finally put it through a break in and I couldn't get it to reliably strip off the first round, and sometimes it would not strip off rounds after firing and ejecting. I also had a few instances when the trigger did not reset fully.

I will be calling them monday. I have heard they have good CS, so I unfortunately will be finding out.

On the other hand, I bought a TCP today, I love the feel. I'll post more once I shoot it.
The DB380 has been sent back to Cocoa Beach for repair. I'll keep you all updated about the Customer Service experience.

mcdaniel

Got my DB380 back and it *drumroll* WORKS! Great response, quick turnaround, shot it yesterday and its working like a dream.

TCP is still breaking in, but its a keeper too.