AR cut down

Shrapnel762

I'm kicking around the idea of shortening my M4 profile barrel to 10.5". Anyone around the pee dee here and what kind of prices

fordnut

I guess you know that then it has to have the stamp because it is a SBR....right...

I have had a couple of 10" uppers. I have a 5" flash hider. With it welded on, you are legal...

Steve

fordnut

I think if you get hold of Silent Bob at Upstate, he could do your job real nicely...or, PM me if you want to ship it here and I can get it cut...

I also have the 5" flash hider, still...you can be legal with it...

Steve

Shrapnel762

Once again my SBR build is on hold. My dog tore ligaments in both his knees. I could buy a used vehicle for what this is costing.

04ctd

i know your pain.

i was DROOLING over that Ruger AR in the classifieds, even sent him a few emails

took 2 dogs & cat to the Vet, $609 later....i canx my desire for the AR :roll:

Frost

Sorry to hear about your dog.
My female Dobie just cost me almost $2000 in vet bills.
For both legs I bet you are looking at somewhere between that and half again more.

Parhams0508

swiss said:
I think tht yo are nuts. a .22lr rd to the back of the head costs 4c, and maybe an hour of digging time. Money must come to yo umuch too easily.

Ouch. After 45+ years of living, have you never had a dog/cat/animal that you had considerable compassion on?

To get this thread back on topic:

Why do you want to cut a barrel instead of buying a shorter one? Can you not find a shorter barrel that meets whatever personal requirements you have? For me personally, AR's are too dang expensive to be cuttin' on'em like that....

Shrapnel762

It's just the route I've chosen to go. Unless someone wants to trade a 14.5 5.56 for a 10.5 carbine length gas in 300 blk straight up........ "crickets"

Tigerstripe

wait. are you trading 223 for blackout or trading 300 blackout for 10.5 223.

if you want a 10.5 300 blackout, unless you have one to cut your best route would probably be a new upper.

fordnut

I do have a 16" .223 barrel that I would trade for your .300 Blackout...If that would help you. It is a new- never fired barrel...

Steve

Shrapnel762

I think I might have confused yall. I have a BCM M4 14.5 5.56 upper thats got 20 or less rounds thru it. I'm looking to turn it into a 10.5 5.56 length barrel upper. I'm happy with the upper, and i know I'd take a loss selling it and buying a new one with a shorter barrel so I figured I would just cut the barrel I have. I also want to keep it light and most of the short barrels are heavy profile.

Saying I'd trade it for a 300blk was lighthearted cause I don't know of anyone looking to trade one for a 5.56 upper.