Making Pulled Pork this weekend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackbeard, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Administrator Staff Member

Really love making meals for a whole week. I have 2 picnic pork shoulders I've just given the rubdown to, packed sitting in the fridge. Going to smoke them low starting at 4-5am with the wood so it doesn't make the neighbors think the whole house is on fire.

IMG_0510.JPG

BenMara likes this.
  2. Geezer

Geezer Member

That's gonna be some good eatin' right there.

3. Clicker

Clicker Member

Great way to infuse some flavor with the vac bags, I gotta try that! I run a Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker.

Smoked some ribs for July 4th and after they were done I threw a bunch of hotdogs on the smoker since it was still hot. Well 45 minutes later I pulled the best tasting dogs evah off the SMC, my wife raved about them for a week.

BenMara and Blackbeard like this.
  4. Blackbeard

Hotdogs were the star of the show instead of the ribs!

The pork turned out great. Cooked them after 4 hours on the grill to the oven. Put onions on the bottom of the pan, and put the shoulders on top. The fat rendered like crazy - but kept the shoulders nice and firm without soaking them in grease. Different way of doing it...but turned out great! fork tender...and delightful.

5. Dayman

Dayman Member

What kind of smoker are you using. I got a pellet grill last year. Best investment in a while! Every thing turns out fantastic. Plus I don't have to baby the firebox anymore

6. Blackbeard

I use a gas weber grill. Turn one burner on low, and let it cook for 4-6 hours for smoke, tightly wrap it foil, and into the oven to finish.